High Nutrition Flour Mix Nairobi Kenya Africa
This is one the most prominent products from Great Global Company in Kenya.
It is a blend of several highly nutritious traditional ingredients. The ingredients of this product highly nutritious components and quite accepted in African culture as traditional foods. Great Global Flour Mix product is a blend of the following ingredients: Banana flou, Pumkin /seed flour, Sweet potato flour, Sunflower flour and Linseed oil.
i. Banana Flour
This product can be produced from bananas to different degrees of fineness depending on the use intended for. Since the fruit is fairly available than wheat, it’s cheaper to produce. It is produced from green banana pulp. The pulp is dried then ground to produce flour.
ii. Pumpkin Flour
Pumkin has many health benefits
• Aids gastrointestinal ailments
• Cancer avoidance and treatment – Pumkin has high anti-oxidant content which neutralizes free radical which protects against certain cancers.
• Kidney ailments
• Diabetes- both helps in deterring the onset of Diabetes, as well as treatment.
• Reduced Heart and Kidney ailments – contains high content of potassium, vitamin C and fibre that appear to lower blood pressure and reduced risk of strokes. • Healthy skin - Contains carotenoid compounds that protect skin cells against damage from harmful UV rays
1. The fresh ripe pumkins are selected for best results.
2. The pumpkins are cut open seeds and the seeds and strings removed.
3. The skin is removed from the from the pumpkins
4. The pumpkins are sliced into thin slices and set out to dry
5. The slices are completely dried
6. The slices are paced into a food processor and ground into a flour-like texture.
The slices can also be ground into pumpkin puree then dehydrated to fine flour. The amount of the pumkins determines the desired quantity of the flour.
iii. Sunflower seed Flour
Rich in protein and fiber, sunflower seed flour is mildly sweet and nutty, yet neutral enough to use in many baked goods. It has several benefits, and hence highly preferred when making Great Global Flour mix product.
• Rich in the B complex vitamins, which are essential for a healthy nervous system and as well help in the fight against stress
• Source of phosphorus, magnesium, iron, calcium, potassium, protein and vitamin E.
• Contain trace minerals, zinc, manganese, copper, chromium and carotene as well as monounsaturated and polyunsaturated fatty acids - types of 'good' fat that may help to protect the arteries.
• A good natural source of zinc, sunflower seeds are popular immune boosters.
The seeds are poured into a food processor to break them down into small particles. Sieving to separate the small particles from the larger ones. The larger particles are ground further (repeat process) in the food processor till the desired size is achieved. The butter left in the food processor is discarded for tit makes the flour clump due to its moist and oily characteristic.
For best taste and quality, store sunflower seeds in an airtight container or heavy-duty freezer bag in the refrigerator or freezer to prevent them from exposure to moisture. Seeds may also be stored in a covered container in a cool, dry place.
iv. Linseed Flour
They are rich in the omega-3 fatty acid ALA, lignans and fiber which can be used to improve digestive health, lower blood pressure and bad cholesterol, reduce the risk of cancer and may benefit people with diabetes.